Ways to Help
There are a number of ways you can help us continue our mission to offer a No Kill alternative to the traditional shelter model.
- Love animals but can’t adopt right now? VOLUNTEER!
- Or maybe you aren’t able to offer a permanent home but can provide a temporary home or nurse an animal back to health. FOSTER!
- Have more money and resources than time to spare? DONATE!
- Love shopping and animals? Check out our WISH LIST!
- Want to be a part of history by supporting Houston’s first LEED certified green No Kill animal shelter? Check out our BUILDING THE FUTURE TOGETHER page!
- Support our animals by using Champion Energy. SWITCH!
In-Kind Donation List
In addition to financial contributions, the shelter also has a need for in-kind donations. The items included here are all important to our mission and deeply appreciated. All items can be dropped off at FFL during business hours (Tuesday - Saturday 12-6pm and Sunday 12-5pm). Donations may also be sent to Friends For Life at 107 E. 22nd Street, Houston, TX 77008.
Or shop online and have your donated items shipped directly to Friends For Life using our Amazon Wish List!
If you ship items to the shelter via Amazon, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can be on the look out and send you an acknowledgement.
Friends For Life Wish List
- Kirkland Super Premium Maintenance Dry Cat food -- chicken & rice formula (Kirkland is a Costco brand)
- Fancy Feast Classic Adult canned cat food -- beef/poultry flavors only (no fish/seafood)
- Science Diet Kitten canned food-- Liver & Chicken Entree
- Science Diet Kitten Healthy Development Original dry food
- Fancy Feast kitten – tender turkey feast
- Canned or Dry puppy and dog food (Pro Plan, Nutro, Wellness, Science Diet, Purina, Pedigree)
- Grain Free Food for animals with allergies (Wellness, Natura, Blue Buffalo, no chicken/beef)
- AD or ID canned food (available at veterinarians w/o prescription, used for feeding starved or seriously ill cats and dogs)
- Jars of all-meat baby food (beef, chicken or turkey)
- Kitten milk replacement (KMR brand only)
- Soft, chewy dog training treats (BilJac liver treats, Wellness Pure Rewards, Zuke's Mini Naturals, Cloud Star Chewy treats -- No Milkbones please)
- Chew Toys (Nylabone preferred)
- Dog Kongs (Med/Large), Kong Stuff'n treats & paste
- Squeaky toys
- Biggies Bungee Bunny Pouch Toy for training (available here)
- Bunny Jackpot & Tug Toy for training (available here)
- Power Paws Tug-N-Treat Dog Toy (available here)
- Front clip harnesses (SENSE-ation or Easy Walk brands)
- Calming Cap (available here)
- Martingale collars
- Folding Dog Crates -- Large 48" and Medium 42" sizes
- Cat toys -- all kinds
- Catnip toys and catnip
- Greenies Pill Pockets for dogs (any flavor)
- Frontline Plus flea/tick prevention (all sizes)
- Heartgard Plus Chewables (all sizes)
- Advantage or Advantix flea/tick prevention (all sizes)
- Ivermectin 1% solution (available at most feed stores)
- Clippers for pet grooming and refill blades
- SnuggleSafe Pet Heating Pad
- Feliway Plug-In Electric Diffusers and Refills
- Joint Health Supplement for Cats (Cosequin brand)
- Kroger/HEB/WalMart/Target (for shelter supplies)
- Gas Cards (our mobile adoption vehicle LOVES gas!)
- Home Depot
- Paper Towels
- Puppy Pee Pads
- Liquid laundry detergent
- Bleach (liquid)
- Multi-purpose glass cleaner
- Dishwasher detergent (powder only)
- Dishwashing Liquid
- Trash bags (13 and 55 gallon sizes)
- Gel alcohol hand sanitizer
- First-class postage stamps
- Pens and markers (Sharpie)
- Scotch tape (refill rolls)
- Copy/Multi-purpose paper (color and white)
- Kleenex tissues
Only new or excellent condition
- Cat scratch posts/ climbers
- Event tent (portable, pop-up tent for mobile adoption events)
- Dog or cat beds
- Rubbermaid tubs with tops (18-gallon size) for our feral cat housing program -- volunteers cut doors & insulate and we provide to feral colony feeders to keep ferals sheltered in winter.
And last but not least
Ford e350 or e450 Ecoline Cargo Van -- any color (prefer white). We know this is a BIG request but it's something we truly need for transporting supplies and animals. You don't know unless you ask, right?