Thank you for your interest in adopting a homeless pet!
To adopt a pet from Friends For Life, you must:
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Have a legal form of identification (driver’s license or state ID)
- Be allowed to have a pet of the breed and size where you currently live.
- Be able to spend the time and resources necessary to provide the training, medical treatment and proper care for your pet.
- Understand that our adoption cat fee is $75.
- Understand that our adoption dog fee is $95 (includes the $20 Microchip transfer fee).
- Fill out an adoption application and be interviewed by an adoption counselor.
- Have the time to spend up to an hour with an adoption counselor to discuss the responsibility of owning your specific pet and making it a lifetime commitment.
Check out the latest adoption promotion:
During the month of February, all black cats and kittens at FFL are adoptable for the price of a barrel of oil (as reported daily on www.oil-price.net)
In case you are not an oil baron, you might want to know that the price is hovering around $45.00. A great deal on a great cat!
There's nothing "crude" about these cats!
The adoption process:
View our animals by clicking on the Adoptable Cats or Adoptable Dogs link. When you fall in love with someone (and we know you will), fill out an adoption application. There is a link to our adoption application on every animal's page. However, if you already know which animal you would like to adopt, you may fill out the form here:
One of our adoption counselors will then contact you for a phone interview. If you are approved to adopt, the adoption counselor will work with you to schedule an adoption date or a date to meet the dog or cat if you haven’t already done so. If the meeting goes well, jump up and down, uncork the champagne and celebrate! And don't forget to shower your new furry family member with kisses!